- I believe that all people should be treated with the utmost integrity and respect.
- I believe that if educated and informed, my patients will have a greater understanding of their dental health and can make an informed decision about what is best for themselves.
- I believe it is important that my patients seek orthodontic treatment because they care about their teeth and wish to improve the health and appearance of their teeth for their own reasons.
- I believe that a very important aspect of orthodontics is the proper function of the teeth and jaws. Without proper function, there will not be stability and longevity of the health of the teeth. I feel it is my responsibility to educate and inform my patients of the functional benefits orthodontics has to offer for them.
- I believe that my patients should be given the opportunity to choose a treatment that is consistent with their needs, wants, and values. However, I will not do any treatment that could jeopardize the health of one of my patients.
Dr. Wong has been in private practice since completing his orthodontic specialty residency at NYU. He has completed a two-year course at the Roth/Williams Center for Functional Occlusion in Burlingame, California, for specialty training in proper functioning of the bite as it relates to the jaw joints. He has also completed two years of courses at the Schuster Center for Professional Development in Scottsdale, Arizona, which has helped him create a more personal environment in his practice with a focus on comprehensive oral health care.
Since finishing these courses, Dr. Wong has committed himself to providing the best orthodontic care possible. The knowledge he has acquired has enabled him to treat any patients who may have bite and jaw problems that sometimes present as frequent or severe headaches, jaw or muscle soreness, jaw clicking and premature tooth wear, in addition to conventional orthodontic treatment.
Dr. Wong holds professional memberships in the San Mateo County Dental Society, California Dental Association, American Dental Association, California Association of Orthodontists, Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists, American Association of Orthodontists and the Roth/Williams International Society of Orthodontists. Dr. Wong, his wife, Corrine, and his daughter, Madison, live in Millbrae. He enjoys spending time with his family and friends, bicycle riding, photography and Macintosh computers.